Monday, December 7, 2009

Thank You

It has been such a blessing and a privilege to write as writing. Lord willing, I will continue for many, many years to come. As of now I want to extend a great amount of "thanks" to a very large number of people.
As many of you know on Monday, November 23rd, my Dad Jimmy Lewis went home to be with the Lord. Many of you knew him simply as "Chief". I want to thank each and everyone of you who Prayed, as well as I wish to thank all of you who stepped in and done so many wonderful things for us as a family in this long process.
A special thanks to Dr. Danny Cochran, Robert Richardson, John Bagley and my entire Holly Creek Baptist Church family. Without you everything seemingly would have fell apart. Thank you so very much. Also a very special thanks to Pastor Donald Young of Maranatha Baptist Church. You and my Dad were special friends, thank you so much for visiting him and Praying for and with him almost everyday.
Now to all of you in the community reading this column. On one day my Dad and I were putting together a pen for his dogs, talking about life, and joking around. Almost literally the very next day he was folded up and critically sick.
We can never judge the heart, but we can see fruit on the vine. With that said, I know my Dad was saved. This Christmas would have been two years since he gave his life to the Lord. I know without a shadow of any doubt that my Dad is at the feet of the Lord Jesus right now as you read this. He repented and confessed Lord Jesus as the Lord and Savior of his life.
Some of you can claim the same promise. Many of you cannot. This world would like for you to think the boundaries between life and death are shadowy and vague. These boundaries are not shadowy and vague, God holds them in one hand as He holds your very breath in the other. There is no promise of tomorrow. Tomorrow may never come for you. If you have not claimed Jesus as Lord of your life, repented of the sin in your life, and began a relationship with Him; today is the day you need to do this. Life and death are merely separated by a moment. Put your life in His hands. It's more than insurance for the future, it is a guarantee.

No comments:

Post a Comment